How to run Andyroid Nougat 7.1 freeware emulator on older AMD Windows 10 Pro

arlen michael holder

Nov 18, 2018, 11:43:09 PM11/18/18
How to run Andyroid Nougat 7.1 freeware emulator on old AMD Win10Pro.

My log file installing Andyroid Android emulation freeware on Win10.
Posted so that others benefit, and improve, for all to benefit overall.

Andyroid is a new company (circa 2011 or 2012) which has a different
philosophy, on emulation (very different from the others).
Andyroid: <https://www.andyroid.net/>

This is the executable I downloaded, and installed:
<https://andydownload.azureedge.net/downloads/installer/v47/Andy_47.260_1096_26_x64.exe>
That executable created two desktop shortcuts:
Andy Launcher: "C:\Program Files\Andy\AndyLauncher.exe"
Start Andy: "C:\Program Files\Andy\Andy.exe"

All you really need, it seems, is the "Start Andy" shortcut.
This brings up a tablet in Android 7.1 Nougat.

That tablet has Google Play, which works great to download more software.
At first it died upon running, but then I turned off Hyper-V.
Then it ran fine on Win 10 Pro.
Here's how to turn off Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro:
https://www.poweronplatforms.com/enable-disable-hyper-v-windows-10-8/

Start > Run > control
Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off >
Change from:
[x]Hyper-V
[x]Hyper-V Management Tools
[x]Hyper-V Platform
Change to:
[_]Hyper-V
[_]Hyper-V Management Tools
[_]Hyper-V Platform

The question is what now to do with this, but I left it alone:
[x]Windows Hypervisor Platform

You need to reboot after unchecking "Hyper-V".
After rebooting, Andyroid worked fine.
Up popped an emulated Andy 47.0.1096 "tablet".
It's Android version 7.1.2.

The good news is that Android Studio recognizes it automatically.
Let's see if we can download an Android 8 image for Andyroid.
<https://www.andyroid.net/>

They advertise you can play your favorite Android games on your computer!
But the latest version of Android seems to be Nougat, unfortunately.
As a test of Google Play, I downloaded "Candy Crush Saga" using the
Google Play (I had to sign in) that is on Andyroid.

Candy Crush Saga worked fine (the kids loved it).
As always, please test, and improve so all benefit from every action.